Friday, January 19, 2007

No News "Is NOT Good News"

You know that saying" No News Is Good News" well, it doesn't fit here. I received the best news that all International Adopting families wait for last Friday. We got TA!! It is 1 week later and I still have no Consulate Appointment. What the heck is that all about? My agency told me that they sent our request for a CA on that Friday and you sometimes have to wait 48 hours for a reply. So we figured Monday or Tuesday the latest, right? WRONG!!! I understand that Monday was a holiday MLK. So I figured Tuesday would be the day. Ok, Tuesday comes and goes and nothing. On Wednesday when I called the agency and still nothing I told them to send the request again. Now mind you I started looking into air fares again, and got some great prices. Of course they go up at a moments notice so I was freaking out (once again). Yesterday I made Anthony call the agency and they told him that there was a problem and had to send the request again. Duh, I told them to do that on Wednesday and no one listened to me. I know that I am not the "only" client they have, but I am one of the few that have TA and waiting to travel so you would think that they would at least treat me like I was their only client. I am hoping that I get that news today. If I have to go the whole weekend I think I will explode. I really don't want to be told that I have to wait until March to go and bring our daughter home. That would NOT be good news for them to tell me. Can you tell I am really ANGRY?

I have been reading that other families that got TA the same day already have their CA and know when they are leaving. So if the CA's are filling up and the New Year is around the corner, that would leave us with waiting until March. What crap. Give me a break. I should have had my CA date and my tickets booked and done. We are already packed and although I still have some last minute things to get, I can leave tomorrow. So lets go people and get me to China and back THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope that I can come back here today and tell you that I have a Feb. Consulate Appointment. That would make my day.

No comments: